Many membership-based organizations rely entirely on their member dues to generate revenue. But in reality, non-dues revenue streams can provide an even greater opportunity and our research shows that non-dues revenues now account for 61%. Diversification of revenue streams can make the difference between thriving and surviving.
By implementing just a few new approaches most associations are able to double their revenue through non-dues sources. Imagine what your nonprofit could do with double the revenue?
Better programs. Bigger promotions. More Staff.
The Top 5 Non-dues Revenue Streams
- Events (Conferences, Symposiums, Workshops, Lunch & Learns, Festivals, etc.)
- Education (Certification, Training Programs, Tele-Seminars, Lecture Programs, Webinars, etc.)
14 Ideas for Additional Revenue Streams
- Advertising (Banner Sales or Google Adsense)
- Creating new products and services
- Merchandise sales
- Subscription fee to access password-protected side of website
- Insurance sales
- Project management fees
- Sales of member directory
- Fees for conducting research/studies
- Subscriptions to industry statistics
- Job Boards
- Rental of office space
- Retail outlet
- Sale of industry-specific books
- Magazines and e-books
The easiest way to discover what non-dues revenue sources will work for your nonprofit is by doing what some of the most successful nonprofits do: ask their members. Your members will always be your best barometer. It’s your members after all that know best what they want.
And don’t forget, if you diversify your non-dues revenue streams, if one source suddenly takes a hit, the others will be there to make up for it.
For more information and how you can generate more non-due revenue, please contact Binu George at [email protected] or by telephone: +91 9810720826.