Did you know, that…?
- Delhi is the top MICE destination in India and is ranked 14th in Asia Pacific region by the ICCA – 2018 report?
- 20% of Delhi’s landmass is covered by forests?
- The entire public transportation system in Delhi runs on Compact Natural Gas (CNG)?
- The Delhi Metro is one of the largest networks in the world?
Where to meet?
New Delhi is becoming the centre of all convention and exhibition business in India and South Asia. With more than 500,000 sq meters of meeting and exhibition space, it is the biggest in the country.
- India International Convention and Expo Centre (IICC) in Dwarka, Delhi is a Smart City project being driven by the Government of India, bringing in a giant leap for India’s MICE industry at a distance of only 10 kms from IGI airport for easy access of all delegates and an availability of rooms up to 3500 in Aerocity and Dwarka varied from business to luxury. The venue will have capacity for 6000 delegates and exhibition space of 270,000 sq meters. The venue is expected to be operational by September 2020. http://www.iiccnewdelhi.com/sub/01/sub_1.asp
- Redeveloped International Exhibition Cum Convention Centre at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi. It is situated 18 kms from IGI airport and has a 7000 seat plenary hall with divisible partitions, 3000 seat amphitheatre, multiple meeting rooms, food and beverage outlets etc. The venue is expected to be operational by December 2020. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-uwBTySd-I
- India Exposition Mart Ltd. near Delhi at Greater Noida is 57 km from IGI airport and has a 6000 seat plenary hall with 65,000 sq meters of conference space. https://indiaexpomart.com
In addition, there are about 60 meeting hotels across the city in 5 star deluxe and 5 star categories with capacity to host about 1500 pax conferences.
Where to stay?
Delhi has a variety of hotels for every budget, with more than 15,000 rooms in total. There are about 50 5 star hotels, including international and Indian luxury chains.
Some of these hotels include:
- Taj Palace, New Delhi
- Hyatt Regency
- Le Meridien
- JW Marriott Aerocity
- Lemontree, and many more
How to get there?
Delhi is well connected globally. All the major airlines fly to Delhi, and Delhi airport is amongst the busiest in Asia. It is connected with more than 135 destinations with 52 foreign carriers and 11 Indian carriers. For more details, visit https://www.newdelhiairport.in.